R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Offroad Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 09:42 AM
Horatio
Tech Elite

Originally posted by uDi_MP7.5
about servos - guys, i guess it doesnt matter - just use what you like (and have had good experience with) and stick with it. Seems like everyones had problems with every brand (okay, ive heard about hitec more than others) but yeah if we were to go by that there'd be nothing to pick.

I've personally run futaba all my life and never had a problem, so i'll stick with it. If it's the same for you and hitec, horatio, why the hell not
I'll be honest and say that I was very cautious when first using Hitec servos as they were very much a 'budget' oriented brand and I didn't have much faith after everything I'd heard. Until then, I also used Futaba servos in all my models (aircraft as well) without any probs. At race meetings, I've seen others with dead Futaba & KO fet servos and more recently KO digital servos.

In reality, I've seen very few Hitec servos being used for racing, so perhaps that's the reason why I've never seen a Hitec go up in smoke. But so far (touch wood!!) I've had a really good run of luck with Hitec. Statistically, I'm overdue for a Hitec failure - but it just isn't happening

Hitec now own JR, a well respected company, so this should help improve Hitec's quality on the Radio side of things too.