R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Toe Angle
Thread: Toe Angle
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Stubbs
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cleblanc
I agree with all u said but this. 2 degrees of toe is toe per wheel, not the sum of the toe between the 2 wheels added together.
Originally Posted by aussies1129
per wheel
Actually, unless RC vehicles are measured completely different than full size chassis, which generally isn't the case, the total toe is indeed divided equally between both wheels. Each will should have half of the total toe measurement.

This link is very good for reference...below is a portion that I copied and pasted.

Measuring Toe

Toe on an individual tire/wheel assembly is understood to be the difference between the distance of the front and rear of one tire in reference to the vehicle centerline. Since most alignment specifications show toe as total toe, i.e. both wheels, it is important to understand two points: (1) 1/2 of the specified total toe should be applied to each front wheel. (2) a minus(-) sign would actually indicate a toe-out setting as being specified. It is important to note that although toe has historically been measured as a distance in fractions of an inch, and then decimal inches, it is becoming more common for vehicle manufacturers to express toe in degrees. The idea is that the angle, rather than an arbitrary distance, determines the side slip of the tire and the resulting scrub of the tread. This should not be affected by the tire size, but rather should be constant for a given measurement. Most alignment equipment displays toe-out as a minus (-) and toe-in as a positive (+).