R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 2.0 Truggy: How do I make it steer better off throttle.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM
rregl0612
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I can try that, thats three steps. What is "shorter rear camber" Camber is an angle to me so do I need more or less angle on the rear tires?
Lighter sway bar and less toe in I can do. I will let you know...

I hope I'm not late to the party..

Your camber link is the hiem and turnbuckle attaching the hub and the the shock tower.. it basically serves as your upper arm..

shortening this link will cause it to cycle the suspension quicker.. giving you maximum grip in earlier part of the corner.. so you will basically max out your grip earlier,, this should free up the car..
I would move 1 hole in on the tower.. and 1 hole in on the hub.. reset your camber to -1 and see if you like the feeling.. then adjust as necessary.

You are essentially changing your roll center. and angle of camber change through the corner.. also any time you adjust your camber link you have to reset camber

if this is new, one of the best things to do is go to a practice day.. where you can run all day.. bring a notebook.. tune in. when you get there..

test 1 run a tank.. report problems and feeling. unstable areas..
test 2 adjust something just 1 thing.. but adjust it 180 out from where it was.. if it was top outside camber link on tower.. run bottom inside on the tower .. and repeat. report..
test 3 go back to stock.. oringal settings. change front roll 180 out.. upper arm or camber link.. depending on body..
etc you get the idea..
basically take a day and get a feeling for what changes do what.. will help understanding.. the physics of why it changes it.. and once done you can see the geometries involved .. it will really help.. though you may or may not have this kind of time..

I also recomend reading this..http://users.telenet.be/elvo/