R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:36 PM
pejota
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Might even be a bent rim. Had the same issue on my FT TC4 RCGT car. Totally erratic behavior, pulled to the left, traction roll, you name it.

I didn't find the problem until i put the car on a stand and ran the throttle at low speed. Right rear was wobbling so bad the whole stand rotated to the left.

So when all else fails, check your wheels!!

Originally Posted by 2xs
A couple weeks ago I switched my VTA from my S2S to a Cyclone TC. While trying to get a good race setup on the Cyclone my car would push on/off power on left turns and would be very loose on power on right turns. I tried everything I could to get the problem to go away, different springs, lower roll center, bearings. I went back through the basic setup and corrected a couple very minor setup issues, front camber was off by .5* and re aligned the steering. I even swapped shocks side to side just to eliminate those. Nothing that I did would correct the problem. That is until I swapped tires side to side then it did the opposite of what I started with, push right and loose left. So it seems that I have a bad tire or insert on my car. I am not worried about which tire is bad because I have a new set of tire glued up and ready to go. I was just trying to wait to use them until we started to race.