R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macdude
Anyone try this thing in spec mode yet? I will be running it this way for the first time this weekend. I have changed, my FDR to 3.9 and the motor is only getting in the 120 range so I could probably get down to the 3.5 recommended on the novak site. I did notice that if you are going to run it this way that the endbell timing needs to be cranked or the whole thing seems really slow. Even with a FDR of 3.9. Overall though I am impressed with the amount of rip out of the corners. Turned the drive freq all the way down and that seemed to wake it up a little more too. The track where I race the lap times were pretty consistent when I was running timing. Which seems a little weird as I thought the dynamic timing was suppose to be making a huge difference in lap times. But that's probably due to the size of the track. Bigger the straights the better faster the achievable top speed.

Just wondering if anyone else has put it through its paces in spec mode and had similar results.
I've run is spec mode and have found similar information. Play with your min drive setting as well and it should work very well. Throttle curve setting adjustment will make the mid range power feel more drivable/controlable.

ROAR spec setting for the Kinetic is boost off with no flashing white led.