Thread: More Problems
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jato_2.5r
i will keep that in mind....

Another question. I took off my exahust pipe to look at my starter and about 5 teaspoons of a cloudy oily mixture dumped out. WTH is that? was my mix too rich?
That would be fuel im sure. Alot of ways can cause this flooding, maybe the bearing wasnt bad just was flooded and didnt sound like it was kicking. I dought rich would cause that much to spill out or you would be super rich. Once you get it all done just check ur plug if its still hot fire back up and see how it runs. Since im this far heres a tip. When done running get all fuel out of the tank, fuel lines, and engine if your not ganna run for a few days. Fuel can tend to turn gummy and clog stuff up. Best way to do all this is run completly empty and try to start it until it wont start, meaning all fuel is out of engine, lines and tank. Also to save engine life when done running everytime put piston to bottom(BDC) the way to do this is turn the fly wheel from the notch in the chassis to where it is smooth and has play. If you leave it a top it can cause piston to shrink and loose compressio/life. ALWAYS do this even if your ganna run int 10 mins again never leave the piston at the top, sometimes you will forget at first but try not to as much as possible.