R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Challenge Formula One"
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 PM
tunerjetta29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
whats everyones opinion on IRS for the F1's it seems that its only a matter of time before we get a chassis with IRS. i am workin on one now! the concept will probably never be legal in ROAR or the major sanctioning bodies but with this website becoming the "hub" for F1 maybe a new F1 sanctioning body could be created??? our local group (houston) have started a F1 class and we are running 17.5 turbo and having a blast! i say let F1 be likes its supposed to be, high tech and allowed to use all of the available technology! we mailnly run at Mikes in houston (held the 1/10 nitro worlds this year) and the track is huge, i have managed to get my F1 within a second of my TC and i have a very quick TC!
I think it will be a question of .... if it is ever released, how much quicker is it really around the track. If its marginal or comparable to the current cars and chassis conversions currently out with T-bar and Link suspensions then it wont be an issue. If it seems to be much quicker then.......well i guess everyone will have to buy one? Or most tracks or race series will make it a separate class? Maybe with improved handling we can run 17.5 or 13.5 easily?