R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jato Big Block Project lots of pics
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM
anthonys88
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jato Big Block Project lots of pics

Building a Jato and Planning on bumpstarting it with a .21 o.s. v-spec. going to be used for on-road only

Today went well, bought the new era big block kit from my LHS and went to work, accompanied the kit with a Tony's screws set due to having multiple stripped screws when i got the jato. Also bought nice fancy exo-c/f side mud guards. Went to work on the dissasembly and was real easy. When time came to take apart the rear i noticed oil everywhere, so i took apart the rear diff to find a broken seal and no diff oil. So another trip to the LHS and bought the rear driveshaft kit, which came with all the seals i needed. Finished up the install and did not have a motor to put in, since my v-spec is out getting worked on. So i had a mach 427 without the p/s (getting pinched at rayaracing) so i put it in as a test fit, the back plate for the rotor start did not fit and if that were the motor i was using i would need to modify the chassis, i plan on bump starting the motor so this is no problems, just put in the motor as a look to what it will be like, i'll also have to get the entire clutch assembly and trim the body to fit the v-spec when i get it, heres tons of pics.