R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - whats my stuff worth complete cars
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
PTP Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I recently sold my RC8B for $150 for the roller. It was in great shape with less than a gallon from a complete rebuild with new chassis and everything plus it had some options like the machined front hubs.

Ive bought and sold so many RC cars and accessories over the years. The posts prior were pretty accurate for a year or 2 ago but now with the economy being so bad coupled with the fact the season is just about finished the resale value of things is really really low right now. You have to just about give stuff away anymore.

I really like Team Associated stuff but honestly its probably about as bad as it can be for resale. Too many people online have bashed the stuff to death and frankly its nothing new anymore. There are seemingly 3 used buggies for sale for every 1 potential buyer. Its always much easier to sell something that is new to the market. For instance I bought an 808 when it came out but after just 3 races I decided to go back to the RC8 since the 808 was still new and hot I got a really good return on the investment I had made (more than 80%).

The point is if your selling to buy new gear then you may wanna rethink your decision because you'd be lucky to sell both for enough to buy 1 new. If your selling to get out then your going to have to take your lumps. If you can wait there is a good chance in the spring it will be worth more. Ive got some buggy tires Im holding onto for just that reason. Now theyre probably worth $20 a set but in the spring I bet I could get $30 which is a huge difference.

Also the chances of selling the whole thing as a package (even each car individually) is much lower and will likely yeild far less money. Ive almost always split things up as much as possible to maximize profits. If you have options take them off and sell them seperately. Sell motors, servos, parts, whatever individually and the net will be much higher I promise you.