R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Quote: Originally Posted by Raman Fangs, I almost went the same direction as you did, even was going to run two speed to put less stress on the motor. Then it dawned on me that if I have to go these two routes then these motors are not yet designed for such a purpose. Well in fact they are and they do a fine job of handling it all. I'm going to start playing with the motor brakes again and see how it goes but I'm not too keen on the two speed. I had a two speed on something else many years ago and it drove me crazy. Too much hassle. How much drag brake are you using if any? What's your gearing? __________________ Slash 4X4 PE - MMPro, TeknoRC M6 Drive shafts E-Revo Brushless Edition - Mamba Power Baby!! Losi 8ight-E Buggy TC-4 - Tekin RS Pro w/ Tekin Redline 17.5 OFNA DM-1 Spec Tekno BL Conversion - Tekin RX8 System
My gearing is based on a 1700 kv motor and 5s LiPo, so not sure if it will help you. Spur 44T and 18T pinion.

Drag brake I'll have to check with computer.. I pretty sure it's set to minimum. Current limit is way up though, close to 70% .. then again motor is a 1700 kv.