R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T3 2011
Thread: Xray T3 2011
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 PM
Stefan-Hpi Uk
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3
Hi Stefan,

A few Questions. Is the space between the servo and motor the same as the old car? It looks a lot less from the pictures of other guys cars. Hope its not the case Also, What Bump steer have you tried? Looking at the kit setup its 2mm, but pics from ETS suggest the guys arent using any, or 1mm.

Thanks,

Antoni
Hi Antoni,

sorry for the delay in responding, have been trackside for 12 + hours running.

Yes electric space is quite tight. The manual says to get more room to cut the lugs off one side of your servo and use 1 post and then double sided tape.

I have managed to fit mine however without doing this with the receiver on its side. Speed passion Gt2.0 and Sanwa 2.4 receiver. My Capacitors are placed behind the ESC between ESC and belt.

From running the car in the UK we have noticed the car has alot more front flex than the old T3. So it took us a while to get to grips with a setup. But now we have really got the car going well and its soo nice to drive. The car is super consistent for all 5 minutes.

Back to back tests with the T3'011 and std T3 showed me an improvement of 2 tenths a lap. and around 5 - 6 seconds faster in 5 minutes. I tested at Ardent Raceway in the UK which is a permanent track so it was a fair test for both cars.

Also watch out for the motor screws that can touch and restrict top deck flex. i believe its in the manual on how to avoid it. It caught me out with the SP motor (a)

Picture of car here with electrics in www.stefan-chodzynski-rc.blogspot.com

Cheers =)

Stefan C - Xray Uk

Last edited by Stefan-Hpi Uk; 10-16-2010 at 05:12 PM.