R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Silvercan" Racing - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Old 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Nova F1 Racer
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
That's really very interesting and I can fully understand why you gave up on the silvercans. It really seems like a lot of time and effort to get a 16k motor that is only good for 15-20 runs. You made a wise decision. I certainly wouldn't go through all that time, trouble and risk of playing with chemicals so hazardous as to be banned.

Also interesting that you were working with 12k motors that pulled 4 amps. I've never seen a silvercan that pulled more than 1.2 or 1.3 amps. Almost all are in the 1.0 amp range. Even a fully tuned Red Dot is closer to 2 amps than 4. Also, they'll usually do 18-20k and last for many weekends of racing. Yep, wise decision.

Even more interesting ---- you wouldn't just be posting this to yank our chains, would you???????
BS is fine and fun, just don't stand in it. Really enjoyed the posts and they really cracked me up.
No, not pulling anyone chains, my father-in-law was a machinist for GE in Fitchburg, MA that producted Jet turbine engines and they used a lot of toxic chemicals making those for the military. He died before I married her and hos old workshop was filled with old tools and stuff. I mis-spoke, I broke them in at 4 volts (old Integy dyno tester) and it would draw about 2.2 amps and got up the more it ran. Racers hace seen me smoke more than 1 moter ,,,,, hehehehe....