R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:41 PM
rknott
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CharlesWA
On the topic of Spec Sedans, I've got the SpeedPassion Cirtix Club ESC and am anxiously awaiting news of if you guys got it working with the Novak 25.5 motor. Any luck? Is this an isolated case of incompatibility? I haven't had a chance to sift through the VTA or SpeedPassion threads to research it yet. I think that's my next move after finally getting the 1/12th scale on track (though it does seem kind of backwards ).
No news yet. Just heard from the guy at Novak I have been emailing and he got my motor today. He hasn't had a chance to dive into it yet. He said he would take a look tomorrow, but mentioned he didn't see an issue with filing the warranty claim.

I will still be shocked if I 'drew the short straw' and a brand new motor is bad, but prior to sending this in I didn't know what to investigate. After I sent it in Richie mentioned it might have to do with the timing on the motor possibly being advanced out of the box and that causing an issue. Since the manual went back with the paperwork I don't know if that is the case or if it is adjustable. Thinking about it now, I suppose I could dig up the manual on the internet, but without the motor in hand I can't do anything anyway.

I will have to say Novak cust service is excellent (so far). I have had a regular email conversation with a guy there. He said make sure I send the package ATTN to him. When I told him I had already sent it in, he said he would look for the package coming from me. He emailed me today to say he got it.

I will keep you updated as to what happens.