R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - "Silvercan" Racing - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Old 10-13-2010, 01:14 PM
nutz4rcyktw
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Here is what is working at our track (small high banked carpet oval). We developed a new class. It is any 1/12th chassis, a Mcallister 1980 Monte Carlo body, any 1/12th foam tires, any mini size lipo up to 2500 MAH, fixed gearing of 88 spur and 18 pinion (4.88 ratio), and everyone uses the Axial 27 turn brushed motor. Only exception is if the motor pod is one of the older and they can't get the pinion and spur to mesh; we allow 98 spur and 20 pinion (4.90 ratio).

I set up a car like this and tested it with my own equipment. Let other drivers test it and then we (club) voted on the rules. Since we have introduced this class it has gone from my first entry to 10 active racers and 6more building cars. This is a big class for us as we are a small club.

Is it fun...you bet; is the racing close...to the wire; has anyone wanted to quit....none; are we keeping the class this winter...absolutely.

The comment I hear most is that this is the most fun a racer has had in a long time. You must know how to set up the car and drive for the win. To help newbies, any of us with experience will set down and go through their cars, show them what is adjusted, how, and why. This is helping us grow our track and introduce new racers to RC.