R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:45 AM
dvaid852456
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Well, this is was second week running the Kinetic speed control in my sedan and while I was taking a few practice laps the thing caught fire spewing out large flames and a ton of smoke...I cant figure out why this happened considering last race week I was running the exact setup with temps in the range of 140-150. I was running a LRP 13.5 with advanced timing set to 6.. I have no clue why this occurred, I've been running Novak speedcontrols for the past 15 years, from the DUSTER, CYCLONE, GTX, GTB with no problems. I've followed all the recommended setup procedures in the manual and what has been mentioned on here by the Novak Tech Admin.

A little bit of insight on the cause of this would be great, has anyone else encountered such an issue?

Luckily nothing else was destroyed... Strange.

Cheers

Edward Pickering..
My first Kinetic suffered this fault. No idea what caused it. The temps were fine and performance was fine, settings were conservative and no where near stressing motor or speedo. No warning, it just let go, complete meltdown. I was lucky not to loose receiver and cause any damage to the chassis. Touch wood, my second has been fine.