R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $900 kyosho?
Thread: $900 kyosho?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Awesome looking car....

Originally Posted by pitpop
let me apply my 2 cents here... the title of this thread just makes me laugh a little because it immediately and almost subliminally prescribes the idea some guy is sitting in a back room somewhere dreaming up the price of the car

Let me just tell you, a car is manufactured, there is a standard formula for the manufacturer, distributor, and retailer, and that SETS the price. It's not a random amount, it costs more because it is more expensive to make. No other car offers what the TKI2 does. Billet machined hubs front AND rear, billet machined aluminum suspension holders all the way around, super high quality 7075 aluminum manufactured in Japan (which I think is the ONLY RC car to use such material in the chassis?), the best bearings available and super high quality drive train. Nothing compares. I know this sounds like an infomercial, but it's true.

Kyosho does not rest. This car is a culmination of all they have learned over the past 2 years and evolved the parts and such to make the car better going into the 2010 Worlds, as well as adding the threaded shocks that people seem to like so much. On top of all that, the whole thing is manufactured in Tokyo and the Spec A is assembled there too.

flame suit on
I think the new car with the lowered body and all the cool parts looks awesome.

It looks like it has really plush travel on the suspension. I bet it flies through the rough stuff.....

The truth... It a pimp ride, and worth the money....

The Kyosho buggies have always been expensive, and have always been worth it. For a long time....

Sure there are other buggies that are great, but that doesn't take away from the reputation that Kanai earned...

The first buggy that Kanai desgned was the Inferno MP7.5, and went out and won the worlds driving his own creation. That's pretty sick stuff, and not at all common.

The winning streak came to a few roadblocks along the way from Mugen over the years, and in the last 5 years the competition has been fierce between mostly the drivers ability and not the car, however, Kyosho continues to make a smooth precision ride. The sweep of the Nats pretty much quiets anyone who says that Kyosho doesn't win big races, and with a fairly old truggy design in that class which makes the truggy and a buggy that would be cheap to maintain thanks to ebay.

You could just get the stock kit,and get a few extra parts you just have to get. Like the sweet body and extra bits and pieces, and there you go, rock on...

and if you just can't stand it, you know what I mean, get the fresh pimp ride for about the same price it's been forever, 900 ameros....

So