R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Elections for President coming soon
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
GMartinez
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Dave u got my vote just because of the involvement that I have seen since I moved to Florida that you put in keep up the good work

ORANGE
Things that have not worked in the past need to be looked at again and tweak it to make it effective
Having a committee for On Road & Off Road gas & Electric did not work in the past but with the decline in all classes having experts for each field might help in growing & promoting it consistently with communications and place some accountability to those officers that hold those positions.

With the economy hitting everyone the decline is there not only for ROAR but for the tracks,manufactures as well so communications & collaborations needs to increase and try some fresh ideas & pass on some of the best demonstrated practices to other regions to grow the hobby.

Test out some target areas get the manufactures involved and invest in areas of opportunities by demographics to grow this hobby all 3 keys need to be involved to unlock the potential growth

I have also been involved in sales for over 25 years & what I've seen in the past since I got into this fun hobby has been a decline in collaborations.

But I also seen a lot of great things going on as well tracks promoting locally with local hobby shops.manufactures cross promoting with the tracks on there own we need more involvement to increase awareness outside of those that are not aware of this hobby.
As racers or hobbyist we know what's going on race events,nationals,worlds new products but if you speak to someone outside of this realm they don't have a clue has anyone ever seen a commercial/radio plug about this hobby or racing.