R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fusion Batteries!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2004, 09:42 AM
John Malin
Tech Master

As you have already learned I work at Fusion. If there is anything that you need that I can help with please let me know. While I am not the owner I speak with him every day. Yes we are very busy trying to get everything setup just the way we want it and at the same time we are still trying to produce batteries for all of our customers in a timely manner. Please let me know of any performance related problems or customer service issues @ [email protected] and we will see what can be done.

On another and seperate note lets talk about the heatsink and why it is there. If you think about how the cell generates heat during a cycle you will come the the realization that the heat from the center of the cell almost has no way of being released. The core of the cell is virtually wrapped up like a blanket. The best and only place to transfer heat away from the core is at the button and the center of the negative tab. We are not claiming that the heatsink improves cell performance but we are claiming the it helps to reduce the heat at the center (core) of the cell thereby improving cell cycle life. We want to keep the goo in the center of the cell from boiling. This is accomplished by pulling the heat away with the heatsink bar. Your batteries should last longer than equivalent cells everything else being equal. We kinda stole Ford Motor Company's motto .....
"Quality is Job One" .