R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LCRC Racway - Oakland Mills, PA *NEW TRACK*
Old 10-10-2010, 05:40 PM
jmackani
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Step Up

After marshalling for several rounds at the step up here are my observations. Nitro buggies had it nailed down pretty much, not picking on M. Cleary, but he was the only one that seemed to over shoot it some. E-scales, A main guys had it figured out. B-main guys were off on their timing. Like CR said, I think it should be left and it's just time to learn just timing and throttle control from the e-scale perspective. I hate to say it, but there are a lot of new people getting into e-scale and it's going to be the next novice/short course style class. Those who are somewhat newer to the scene are not completely in tune between instant torque, second finger, and the brain. For those having some problems, take notice of the A main guys and see where they are applying the throttle and brake and you will figure it out. Besides it was only the first race on the new layout. We started out on Friday night late with some test laps in the 49 second range. I believe by the end of the day Saturday once people started figuring it out more, the average was 40-42 unless you were hot wheels paul snyder banging of 36 second laps. With my truggy, I was more conservative most of the race and I too did not attempt the step up with the exception of maybe three times in the main and I still finished third. You can still be just as quick not jumping it and being conservative and not wrecking. Bill and I went at it for a couple of laps up through that section nose to tail and side to side and did not have a problem. At the beginning of a main, there is normally a pile up in some first corner some where, ours has just moved to the middle of the track. I still remember most of those piles up and the beginning of the season in the daytona turn. I think we have all improved our skills and now we are moving further out the track. I believe before the track change, the first turn pile up is where the chicane used to be going up to the new step up.

Last edited by jmackani; 10-10-2010 at 07:01 PM.