Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2004, 09:13 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: few questions

Originally posted by Profoxcg
.........Today at racing i was running on a hi tracktion track but my rear end was sliding all over. I was running red in the rear with 3 holes , yellow in the fron with 4 holes, 40wt oil all around.
I don't know about your other quesiton, but I see something is not right here......S710 trying to do something not too many mfr did before....RUNNING the same setting at all 4 corners including shock, springs, oil and tires............and still have a good easy handling car...

Your setting....YELLOW front and RED rear...that is = lots of steering and very little traction at rear....then, 4 holes in front and 3 holes in rear. that is = fast shock travel on front and slow travel at rear...that is almost mean less traction at rear...

Beside the oil and tires you use....both of the above setting are giving you OVERSTEERING...and your tail is spinning is aboolutely a given.

Try to the opposite, or do this....yellow all around, 40 oils with 2 holes on front and 30 oil and 4 holes at rear....all shock position are stock setting, and use all 40 shore tire first, if still spinning at rear...use 37.

Do one thing at a time.