R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Muggydude
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Ok, so took it to the track today for the first time. Running drakes setup except with 27.5 weight oil up front with green springs (All I had). Ok, so running 2 2s 5200mah 30c hardcase batts in series, along with MMM ESC and Tekin 2050 motor geared 15-45t. Went through two "packs" of 4s, and nothing broke! Really happy witht he handling, steering is amazing, jumps well, and has awesome suspension. My weight bias side to side is pretty much perfect in the rear, and slighlty heavier battery side in front. Didn't seem to affect it much. Only two problems the whole time: First, a rear shhock screw backed out. Second, the switch kept turning up on hard landings, so i moved it and had no problems. Temps were (after full run): Batts: 105 ESC: 120 Motor: 180 (is this too hot, should i gear up, down? Or keep it as is?)

So here's the best part: 22 minutes hard 100% track runtime with LVC set at 3.1V! Really happy with that, much more than i expected. Will be able to run the nitro 20 minute mains without 1 battery change!