R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Most competitive 1 /10 electric car
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 09:24 PM
NightKidZ
Tech Regular

Dragon : I agree with what ImpactBlue and Ao said.
Let me clarify myself.
The Tamiya cars mentioned (TA04 series, 414 and TB evo) are all current and up to date racecars.
The main difference btw hobby spec rc cars and Nikko toys is ADJUSTABLITY. ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED CARS HAVE SOME FORM OF ADJUSTABILTY WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR SUSPENSION SETUP, a driver worth his salt can adjust his car, be it 04 or 414 to suit his style and track conditions.
I think it is fair to say there is no "BEST" or most competitive car, only perhaps the most adjustable (Hudy Xray T-1), the most expensive (T-1), most different drivetrain ( shaft driven TC3 and TB evo) etc etc.
In Sinagpore, race directors and designers "SEEM" to think just like the SMSA (Singapore Motorsports Association), where nearly all races are conducted on "mickey mouse", "PACMAN" tracks, just like 1/10 sized parking lots..... the inherent characther of diff cars can hardly be demostrated. UNDERSTAND that the pure breed racecars are designed to run in proper race tracks with tarmac or carpet and a good combination of fast flowing corners and chicanes etc..... NOT ENDLESS SERIES OF U-TURNS : P

IMPACTBLUE : so is that Mako there or ur navigator fren? : )
Shingo says " Hi" : )