Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heretic
HELP !

I do not understand at all what you told me . Well, I kind of understand what you explained about the 17 digits, but I'm trying to program the ESC via novalink - like 80 % of the users I guess.

The example you gave me about parameter 11 is inconsistent with what is told in the novalink.

In fact there is THREE inconsistent information sources : What you told me, what the novalink displays and what the kinetic manual says.

1) The novalink says

Brake End Point( BEP) set at 60% means 100% of my max brake with only 60% trigger throw.

2) Steve UK says :

BEP at 60% means 100% of the throw (travel) with only 60% max brake, same as setting the EPA on my TX.

3) kinetic manual says

BEP at 60% means BOTH 60% of the throw to reach max brake and 60% max brake.

I triple checked every single source of info to ensure I wasn't misunderstanding anything, I even took the time to draw every 3 possibilities with abscissa and ordinates ( X-Y) and I am 100% sure I am not missing anything.

Sooooo who do I believe ? We tried to call novak but my friend's phone doesn't seem to allow him Us calls, and we're out of the Tech Hours anyway. It's 9.30PM here so we can't wait. Could someone help us real quick?

Could you point us towards .cfg files that we could just upload in the ESC ?

Remember, we are only looking for a starting point in a small size indoor carpet track, rubber TC, 10.5...

The FDR is already set at 7.5, but the values you (Steve UK) gave us do not mention what to set for timing level, boost delays, etc... and I still don't understand what values to set for timing RPM start, RPM max... start 4000, max 20000 maybe ?

Thanks for you time and effort ! We really need you here, the race starts in less than 24 hours!

Maxime
Try this with you FDR, don't forget to turn the boost on via the NovaLink. ......A crap pm me your e-mail, I can't do a attachement.