R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why is everyone selling their DX3R
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I don't care what anyone says, Spektrum makes damn good radios! They're the first and still the best when it comes to 2.4ghz. Problem with radios is that they are one of the biggest personal preference items. People are comfortable with different radios. I run the DX3R and absolutely love it. I've yet to have it glitch once and I love the easy to use menu/roller. The light weight is also very nice in long races.
Right with ya man. I used to run Futaba specifically. I remember looking at the DX3R when it first came out and thought to myself... "I wouldn't be caught dead using that". That is until I decided to give it a try. I was soo concerned with how it looked that I ignored its capabilities. After getting used to the radio, I can't really imagine switching to anything else. Sure, other radios look cooler, feel different, have different features, but the DX3R is definitely a competition radio. The DX3R Pro is going to be really nice as well.

I will say one thing, and this is cool...

We ran a 24 hour touring car race a couple weeks ago at Jackson R/C. There were 12 teams attending and over half used DX3R radios. The coolest was the fact that we were able to run the full 24 hours on 1 set of AA batteries. Teams with Futaba radios and M11s couldn't do that and some had issues with cars taking off when the radios went dead.