R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:27 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by S.A.W
I still don't understand how you come up with the end rpm, I understand the start rpm, eg as you come onto the straight you want the boost to start to come in.

Thanks.
Others may disagree with this, but i use a manufacturers max RPM listing of a motor rounded off to the highest value as my end RPM setting in the RS.

For instance, my LRP x12 13.5 is listed as having a max RPM of 21,960. So my end RPM for the RS will be 22,000RPM. I then try the three lowest start RPM's on the RS list on the track infield to be sure i cant feel the transition into boost in the middle of the slowest corner. On our track thats usually the 3000 or 5000 start RPM.

As far as turbo goes, i use ramp 1 mostly and a zero delay (which is actually .02) and adjust its value accordingly. If i switch to ramp 2, i usually end up running 2/3rds of my ramp 1 value as a start point.

You can get a different feel by messing with the end and start RPMs for boost, but for me i decided to set the speedo up so it felt pretty much linear like my older brushed speedos did. Turbo is just the little cherry on top of the sundae.

I went back to a front ball diff in my TC this past week and the car was really responsive (compared to a front spool) to the in and out of boost transition through the corner, so i had to lower the start RPM all the way to be sure i didnt get a rush of power mid corner and push me off my line. After that, all i worry about is adjusting my turbo and gearing and im good to go.