R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V One Series Prototype (;)
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Brian Bosley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Riketsu is right about Xray's current method, they do release the "new" pro level kit first or equal with a sportsman kit. Originally (because I got burned by this right before nationals so I wanted the best the car could be) the first car had dogbones with tons of heavy stuff and then offered lightweight 1st, 2nd and whatever other number of parts at crazy prices. I don't think anything was less than $35 each, even the 4 cvds cost you $140 if you wanted them although I think only front cvds are important because the dogbones always popped out if you nicked the inside of a corner at full lock.

Serpent does offer some upgrades, certainly optional in most cases. In 8th scale the 966 commonly uses the brass plates and rear chassis xbrace but thats about it besides springs/sway bars.

Kyosho has a history, the evo cars are the new evolution and then the WC cars have the pro level parts a couple months later. Here is the kyosho sites comparison between the cars and it basically fits from what I remember over the past. I'm sure the guys designing this car don't read this forum but hopefully they know that they don't have the worlds winning car again to ride on (although the factory didn't win the worlds and the car wasn't all kyosho) this time around and that they need to release something proper if they want to keep up with Serpent and Xray or even Mugen if they decide to release something. Some how mugen has kept the mtx4 alive for perhaps longer than the RRR.

< WC Team Edition Special Features >
●Universal joints on front and rear (VZW219, VSW006)
●φ9mm hardened ball screws
●Rear adjustable stabilizer
●Adjustable rod (for rear adjustable stabilizer)
●Muffler stay holder (Aluminum)
●Aluminum drive washer
●SP drive belt (front, middle, rear)
●FRP battery plate
●FRP middle plate
●Hollow middle shaft
●Aluminum one-piece engine mount
●Titanium coated shock shafts (30mm)
●Lightweight 1st gear housing
●Sealed bearing 6x10x3mm (for servo saver)

< Evo.2 Special Features >
●Duralumin 7075 T6 main chassis
●New Upper Plate
●Adjustable type servo saver from EVOLVA M3
●2-speed spur gear with 2-speed clutch shoe and steel ring from EVOLVA M3
●New shape 3.0mm rear shock stay
●2D Clutch & Grey Shoes
●Hex head screws
●Zero offset wheels
●KYOSHO Original hexagon screw driver (2.0mm)