R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 05:15 PM
rotarypower101
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by xtraman122
You can certainly use the amperage limiter to kill the low end and put some timing in to raise the top end, but it's going to be tough to safely run a 1/10 4wd with that much power and that much traction.
Thanks again, I can accept the issues with the drive train, its a matter of best fit for us as to why we have chosen a 1/10 scale 4wd offroad as our thrasher of choice, it really fits our needs for a fairly durable platform that can handle less than desirable surface conditions with valor.

We accept the gear sets go out with the kind of surface grip and torment that we give them, was just checking that maybe someone somewhere might have a more suitable upgraded set of bevels for this car that would perhaps deliver a bit more durability than the plastic counterparts.

I understand this is the manufacturers POV, but I have read that it is recommended not to advance the timing for the 3.5-5.5 motors, is this true or universally accepted?

Is this correct, and as obvious as it might seem what are the specific reasons why, and would it be advisable to advance timing if one were to take these conditions into consideration and work around the barriers avoiding the pitfalls that would otherwise cause issues?