R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What ever happened to 2WD 10th Scale Gas Truck Racing??
Old 10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Storydude1
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bevofrancis
I just went and made a shopping cart at Amain for everything you would need to get started with an 1/8th scale nitro buggy. This is without included a charger, batteries, fuel, glow ignitor, fuel bottle, glow plugs etc. Just the car, engine pipe servos, and starter box. 1,359$. And that's without going to high end on anything except the steering servo.

I for one would have never of gotten into this hobby if I had to spend 1500$ to get into it. And I really don't think anyone I run with would have gotten into it for 1500$.

500$ was alot more resonable to get started. I have since upgraded almost everything. But there is no way I would have spent 1500$ on something I didn't know I would really enjoy. 500$ is much more reasonable.

I don't think RTR is about being "lazy", it's about getting people into racing. It doesn't matter if your buggy is RTR or not. Within the first month of having it, you will have took the entire thing apart to see how it works, change parts, and do maintnence, or you will have quit.

As far as I'm concerned, long live the RTR, cause 1500$ is alot to get started in a "hobby".

Your right about the Marshalling though. It drives me crazy when the race announcer has to ask for people to marshall. If I ran a track and someone missed their turn to marshal or didn't find someone to take their place, they would be done racing for the day with no refund.

Back in the day, you grabbed your car off the track, dropped off transponder, pulled battery and placed on charger, grabbed a sip of drink from your pit and back on the track to marshal in 5 min. You didn't marshal, you lost standings. That simple.You could trade marshal duties with another racer if your car was mangled, but you had to marshal HIS duties then.