R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Kinetic
Thread: Novak Kinetic
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 01:35 PM
xtraman122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rotarypower101
Thank you very much for the response, I assume I could just tune out the torque on the bottom and ramp it up as the Gs are reduced through the range?
Come up with a compromise that saves the gearsets, but still gives top end?

I know it may be a partial question, but most people seem to prefer non Novak equipment. Would this be a fair statement?

I have always used there product for many years, and had mostly nothing but success with their products “save for the tempest...yuk! Nothing but issues”

What makes this controller the best overall choice than the rest IYO?
You can certainly use the amperage limiter to kill the low end and put some timing in to raise the top end, but it's going to be tough to safely run a 1/10 4wd with that much power and that much traction.

As for brand preference, Novak fell a little behind before without having pc programmability for stuff like drag brake and didn't offer timing, I'm sure Novak will be right up there with the rest now, it just needs some time to circulate in the market.

And as for why I think it's better, one of the biggest things is smoothness, both in throttle and brakes. The Tekins especially feel very light on low end, and come on aggressively at around 1/4 throttle, the Novak stuff has always given the powerful and linear feel that many like the LRPs for. It's the best of both worlds, power and smoothness of an LRP with the timing advance and programmability of a Tekin, you just can't go wrong.