R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RD/Richey Racing Engine
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2004, 01:01 AM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
How much is a lot?
I am talking about 164-165 degree ( it's 5.0 mm exhaust height). There is no way you can go higher due to the limited pipe space.
It is not about exhaust duration-it is whole chain of events happened in our two cycle engines. If you just increase exst ( I never try this thing-doesn't make any sence) defenetly yu will loose torq and milage will go down, but if everything else will be broght to specs-you will gain 1 minut easy. On Novas based engines with modded timing 6 mnuts 30 second is absolutly normal run time, but if material for P/S set are changed ( AAC and BRB) you can lean much further with a lot of gaining run time and power.I am talking about use fuel as fuel, not as cooling liquid. It is totaly from my knowlodge and my expirience and it is not meaning this is ruls. So if you want to prove it your self, you need to try. But please remember-if you change one thing in chain, you will need to change everything else. If everything dne right-milage will be realy good.
Well in my experiences with normal motors (Novarossi RS and MT series especially) once you go above 5mm your milage on any sort of large track is terrible and you lose too much bottom end even with other mods. I am certainly no expert on these things but to make power you need fuel. I have never played with special sleeves etc I am a normal guy with Nova motors and a dremel.

Mayby these new higher temps motors are changing the rules, never seen em myself. Cant say I have ever seen an easy 6.5 minutes out of any modded Novarossi I have owned unless the track is way small. Will be interesting to see if your motors change the "modding" rules.