R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - whats going on with losi?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 AM
Greg B
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Losi is on a mission to corner the market such that you will not have to buy from another company. i.e. their titanium 8 parts. I think the new buggy will just appeal to the basher who just wants an inexpensive buggy and dosent want a race maching. I think losi dosent want you to ever have to go to another mfg to get whatever it is that you want. Just my 2 cents.
Frank, While I agree that this is what they are trying to do, they must fix quality control issues before it will actually work. I'm not speaking of racing but RC as a whole which is where the money actually is. Losi doesn't produce anything RTR that can't be had else where and probably at a cheaper price. If we need to clarify vehicles we can and I can give you a listing of what problems exist. Our Horizon returns are triple of any other distributor and is 80% Losi products.
Losi Strike: People look at others for Corr truck needs.
Losi RTR buggy: To expensive for what most RTR folks are looking for.
Losi RTR electric trucks: Can't believe I'm going to say this but they can't compete with what Traxxas offers as this is a catagory they focus on.
Losi XXL: Possibly the worst monster on the market with the highest price tag.
Losi Aftershock: Needs alot of help out of the box.
Losi Ten T: No market for it. Bad electric start gears and ROSS system right from the box.
And with all this, the junk just keeps coming.
The best release from Losi has been the Night Crawler. Good price and good performance but crawling isn't what it was 2 years ago.