R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fusion Batteries!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2004, 04:35 PM
HOOPD1
Tech Initiate

I have had some experience with there batteries,back in jan I was in need of some new packs for mod oval.
Mod oval is without a doubt the fastest way to destroy cells,on flat carpet 50+amp discharge averages are the norm.
Since I couldnt get any Pole Position cells at the time I thought I would get five packs all from different matchers,I ended up getting five from four matchers.
I first called Fukuyama and talked to a great guy on the phone,sorry Im terrible with names but he was quite helpful and said he had two 430+ mid 1.17s I said great Ill take both.
I then emailed Pro Match where I got a reply from Erika stating they would try to get me some good runtime numbers but nothing certain so i ordered one it came [email protected]
I then ordered a SMC from Stormer it came 418 1.171
The last was from Fusion it came [email protected]
At first I was sceptical of the Fusion because the voltage was lower than the rest.
I have ran each of these packs with six and seven turn motors and the one that performs the best still is the Fusion with the Fukuyama packs very close,the smc&pro match packs are already practice packs.
I cycled all of them 3-30-04 for the first time since I bought them,I dont like to cycle packs,for one its one more cycle less I get on the track and for two I hate taking the time to do it.
The results are as follows
Fuyuyama#1 412-4.65-88IR
Fukuyama#2 419-4.66-86IR
Fusion 428-4.68-82IR
Pro Match 397-4.62-94IR
SMC 371-4.60-92IR
I know its immposible to compare numbers but these were all charged and discharged the same way and within a few cycles the same amount of times.
The best value was probably the Fukuyama,they were $10.00 less a pack.But the Fusion pack is still the best I have.
I recently got a email about 10% off special from Fusion so they are close to the same as others in price and there assembled.
Theres no doubt in my mind I will be getting batteries from Fusion the next time I need cells{wich will be soon} but I will not hesitate to buy Fukutama cells either.As for the other two who knows maybe I got some duds.
I guess what Im saying is whats it gonna hurt to try one,I will bet you wont regret it.