R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 04:06 PM
dragnse7en
Suspended

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Zac, they are both a user preference thing. But generally speaking, base on feedback from other racers and my own experience. A one way set-up is harder to drive overall mainly because you are driving without brakes since your car will spin out when brakes are applied. Spool is very close to running ball diff but will handle more aggressively but in return can put more stress on your drivetrain. Even most pro drivers stay away from one way because of its nature but again if you are good with throttle control and hardly uses brakes, one way might work for you. If you are just starting out, I would suggest to stick with ball diff setup then maybe jump to spool when you believe it can be an advantage at a certain point.

As far as compatibility...yes they will all work. except V2 uses a larger pulley. TA05 original has smaller pulley.
I'd agree - with only one diff in the rear the 2 wheel braking distance is roughly doubled. Some people like that kind of setup. I like as much brake as I can get out of it as it is in the first place ieeeee!