R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 PM
PDX-Spike
Tech Master

Originally Posted by motomanpat
I am new to on road and have a WGT but I have one question for all you pan guys. There is one thing that I am not able to figure out. Is there an ideal rollout?
Hey Pat,

There is an ideal rollout for every racing situation. Finding it is the hard part. It's rear tire size, spur, pinion and the layout that you're racing on.

At the IIC this year, I thought I had a great rollout for the 12th class. It had killer speed on the straight, but it was a little slow in the corners. I was racing against a guy who had a much lower rollout and he kill everybody in our heat in the corners.

If you think about the Timezone layout for the Gran Prix, you're gonna be on the straight for about 2 or 3 seconds. Then, you're gonna spend 10 or 11 seconds or so in the corners. It doesn't make sense to set the rollout for the straight, because you can program the RS take care of the speed there. Set your rollout for the infield so you can get through the corners without bogging down and you'll be good.

Check the fast guys tire sizes and go from there. Dave, Andy and Mark are a good source for information.