R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM
MikeR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Mike, I know with your HPI setup your able to run the small 1800 micro lipo's, is that going to possible with this setup as well?
True, It will eventually but that is down the road when I've had time to develop the tray.

Originally Posted by aussierevo
With the upgrade option,can I ask the silly questions.

Will it allow stick pack lipo's and nimh batteries
will F60 body still fit ok.

I would really like to get this upgrade, but wanted to ensure electrics etc and the above queries pose any concerns.

Thanks
Yes sir- the battery area actually has more room than stock so more variety of batteries will fit including stick and nimh.
The F60 and pro body will fit- just need to trim a slot at the lower rear to clear the links. Hardly noticeable once done.

Originally Posted by Savoy
thanks to everyone who contributes...

I just finished reading all 123 pages of this thread and my 104 pro kit will be in on Friday. Thanks for everyone who shared all their setup and tech info. Will post pics when complete.

I will be racing at the new FL indoor RC Complex here in the tampa area. 21.5, 2s, rubber. Opened last weekend with 10-12 car turnout for F1. Already has such an interest that there is talk of special weeknight F1 only races.

Mike...the new exotek chassis set for 104 is AMAZING!

Scott
Thanks Sir! You have done your homework and no doubt will have much success because of this

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
MikeR, have you tested this car at any carpet or asphalt races? what were the results? and also when will this chassis be available to buy? thanks.
All testing has been done on Asphalt. Right from the first battery It was remarkable the improvement over the stock chassis /soft t-plate. Very smooth rear end, less tire chatter, more cornerspeed and just hooked up. I'm testing with boosted ESC and the car has no problems keeping things under control

Originally Posted by InZane
Really nice chassis!

It's time for me to decide what to drive in the upcoming Swedish F1 winter series - your EXO104 is absolutely worth considering

I'd like to know how battery change is done (we are running 30min. Mains with a mandatory pit stop/battery change). Pics with the electronics mounted would also be very much appreciated.

Our first race is in the end of October - what is the release date of the conversion kit?
Thanks! More pics coming soon. Just like stock you would need to loosen 2 screws to move a front post out of the way. Ours is designed more to be simple yet very secure. Most guys I notice never remove their batteries to charge (maybe we all should for safety ) so for the average F1 racer it is no problem.
We should have preorders started either tonight or tomorrow and start shipping about Tuesday. Be sure to click on the 'notify me' link in the shop.

Thanks all for your support!

Mike