R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2002, 07:33 AM
TPhalen
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Rear Toe-In

Ok...I did fail to mention something about the rear toe-in....

When assembling the rear end, YOU MUST TAKE CARE ON HOW IT'S ASSEMBLED!!!! Everyone having this problem MAY be doing the same thing I did on my first kit....

1) Install the R block.

2) Slide the hinge pins through the arms and into the R block.

3) Now, here's the clincher....DO NOT SLIDE THE R3+2 (or whichever block you use) ONTO ONE HINGE PIN AND THE STRETCH IT OVER TO FIT THE OTHER!!!!!! This is where alot of people are elongating one hole to make it fit the other side, causing MORE toe in on one side of the car than the other.

To correctly fit this piece, you must place it near the rear of the car and push both arms toward the center of the car, thus, sliding BOTH hinge pins toward the center of the car, and this will make BOTH side flex slightly to fit the rear hinge pin mount. If you insert one hinge pin and flex it over to fit the other, you are drastically flexing ONE side, instead of slightly flexing both. Doing it this way WILL give you the correct amount of toe on each side.

The more toe, the more you will have to flex the INNER hinge pin mount (the R mount), so be careful. It is plastic, and it will elongate the hole if you stretch it too much.