R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me????
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 11:52 PM
Bounty Hunter
Tech Regular

Originally posted by DerekB
I really don't get why you think our review isn't honest. Could you expand to tell me why or site a specific example of where we weren't honest? I don't mind talking about honesty or integrity since those are two traits I base my life on. It's all good to say a plane is a pile since ultimately if it flys like crap it crashes. As I've state before it really depends on the point-of-view or reference. As a racer anything that doesn't handle well is a piece of crap...but as a basher, handling doesn't matter as much, or as a first timer you don't care. I'll use my example of my Tamiya Falcon..by race standards a pile, by how much fun I had with it it was still the best car I've owned. I don't think any other car as put a "fun" smile on my face like that car.

So is it fair to say it's a pile of crap even though it was so much fun? And since we have limited space in the magazine why waste space with a car that sucks when there are other cars that are better.

As far as the ROAR deal. First I contact ROAR to make sure your payment is valid since they are handling the subscription. If they cashed your check or took your money as them if they sent the form in. If yes, then the next step is to call our subscription service to see if they received the form. Since we have to wait on ROAR to send in the forms and pay for it, it's slightly out of our control. But I'll help you if you run into walls.

stefan, I'm pretty sure we did a full hook up on the MTX3. BUt I'll look into that for you and see if it is infact time to do something with the car. We also 100% pick a winner in shootouts. What happens sometimes is that since we have multiple drivers they may pick different cars. We are in the works of doing an extensive shoot out that I'm sure everybody will enjoy. Shoot outs are great they are just very labor intesive and until recently something that was difficult to do properly. So I always make sure I can do it right or not at all.

Lastly (for now I'm sure) I don't get the Serpent review reference? What were we supposed to look at?

Lastly, I thank all you that read and even though sometimes it may not seem like it, I do pay attention to the voices of people. Thanks!
Hey there DerekB,
My comments were not specifically directed at any one magazine. I am a casual reader of some magazines and admit that I have not read very many XRC mags. I was just trying to show an example that sometimes you dont really know if the feedback you are getting in a particular article is trully representative of the product. I have found articles, in various mags, seem to miss some details on certain products and end up misinforming the public on it. I am just saying that it would be nice if I could find a magazine that I can count on for the content that I want to see. But I understand that even magazines have to pay bills and go with the largest draw.