R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA-05 ver.2
Thread: TA-05 ver.2
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 09:47 AM
dragnse7en
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
Now I need to cut away at the motor mount for this 36 pinion to fit, but don't know if that's a good idea. Already dremelled down a peice of chasis but didn't realize it would touch the motor mount.

Someone recomended 105 tooth 64 pitch spur and pinions between 46-49. earlier(but I wanted to use the kit spur gear) would these fit better or would I need to cut away more to make these fit for the 4.3-4.5 F.D.R.?
I have always run 64P gears in my TA05-R, after the kit spur wore out I got Robinson Racing spurs and pinions. Go to their web site and you will find a handy conversion chart from 48 to 64.

You may never be able to get a final drive that low with a TA05 series kit, but IIRC you've got the V2. Although the motor mount is different than mine, it still sits pretty low in the car, compared to a T3 or TC5. If you are dremeling the mount then I bet it's the front portion of it, just to get the gears to mesh.

Maybe an aftermarket company sells a motor mount that can help solve your problem. Be careful selecting 3Racing; their parts do not always fit correctly.

Hope that helps

Last edited by dragnse7en; 09-24-2010 at 09:57 AM.