R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro TC and Foams
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 03:34 AM
teammpp
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by orangbaligila
I currently run 40-40 on my FW05R

normally, if I need more traction (front or rear) I change the springs and/or change the shock oil, or adjust the geometry... if nothing worked to the lever I desired(90% of the time worked) then I change the shores.

but for most ppl, changing the shore is their first medicine to grip problem,... because it's considered faster than a shock-oil change or a spring change,... but less accurate if I may say.... I was being a mech for a friend of mine during a race practice day,.... the car had grip problem,... I was at it and doing some spring changes and all,... but he seemed to be impatient and told me to change the shores instead (no arguments, that was his car, hehe...) tyres changed, practiced for that day.... the next day,... he chew a full set of 35's after only 6 mins in qualifying,... (here it comes),.. then he begs me to make suspension adjustments,... and I was about to have my lunch (he got a new mech. that only knew how to pour fuel and check for temp, hehe..),... my girlfriend was mad and all, hehe... coz I decided to do the rebuild and setting WHILE we have lunch (this is how she looked like at that time, hehehe...
I totally agree. Sacrificing tires seems a small price to pay for an easy life on the pit table to most guys. We personally try to run with the hardest tire we can get away with and re-adjust the car until it works or is known it wont work before coming down shores.

But you are real lucky. Your girlfriend only gets mad when you use the lunch time to rebuild a car during a race day. Mine looks like that just cause I say Im going to race .

Do you want to do a swap