R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - agama or xray
Thread: agama or xray
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 09:28 PM
oggietiu
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Hey there. I have driven the 808 for quite sometime now (When the Model Came out). Just like what jazz said its a bullet proof buggy. The issue with it pinion bearing is not really an issue for me cause I maintain my buggy every race. Out of the Box its easy to drive. Its doesnt have the steering like other buggies but you can set it up to have all the steering you need. It won me races and There are some races that I DNF but its not the buggys fault it my fault cause I got lazy. Its a Finisher. You can run it hard as you can without any doubts so you concentrate on your Driving. The Xray Community is the best out there. They are super bunch of helpful guys from different skill levels who eagerly helps you out. Hell even the team Manager Bren will take time to PM you with a lenghty tips which I Appreciate very much.

I recently purchased an Agama. Everything the other guys wrote about it is true. Its by far the fastest accelerating buggy I drove. It is the best jumper out there. It can out jump any buggy easily. James got faster with the A8 but me I got slower. Its very two different cars wherein the A8 is the more aggressive one. Xray is smooth all over. So it really depends on your driving style. I over shoot jumps with it. Rolls off the sweeper with it. I am more error prone with it. The thing is I only driven the car once before the race so Its not conclusive and I have no doubt that I can be faster with it. Smoothest drive train. It has little or no option parts yet. I hope they do come out like the springs and pistons. Cause Right now we are boxed in with the setup and needed to borrow parts from xray to make it better.

Two Great buggies one a veteran and been proven to win races everywhere. The other one a new comer with lots of potential but still needs to prove itself with race wins. Cant beat the price of the agama which is a mjor major plus for me. Its 40 percent cheaper than xray.

I dont have the heart to sell my xray stuff so it will be a shelf queen for the moment. I will try to race with the agama now and win with it. Xray hs lots of tuning parts hopefully agama comes out with their own.

So choose your poison. BTW. There are great thing coming out from xray so you might want to considered that. They did well in the recent race in europe. But its gonna cost you.