R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Guidance on selecting a brushless motor
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
NovakTwo
Company Representative

Originally Posted by mdowney
Thanks for the replies. Being able to easily and cheaply rebuild does seem like a good selling point to me. I was under the impression, however, that all of the big manufacturers (LRP, Tekin, Novak, Castle, Speed Passion) already did this. I know I ordered an LRP rebuild kit that I haven't needed yet.

Am I wrong?

I also didn't realize that LRP had a rep for running hotter than others (a few have told me this privately). I've temp'd mine many times and have never found them to be outside of an acceptable range, though I'm also careful not to over-gear. That is definitely a concern of mine now, though.
Most motor companies offer a few rebuild parts, but we offer every component in our Ballistic motors to Novak customers. We are one of the few companies that offer replacement wound stators for sale. We make all of our motors here in CA and always have the full assortment of service parts available.

We also offer an exclusive and comprehensive trade-in program for both our motors and escs; customers can return any BL motor or esc (brush or brushless) we have ever made and exchange or upgrade to one of our current products.

Brushless Motor Trade-In program