R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fukuyama Batteries
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Cole Trickle
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dimples
I can't wait to give them a try. I'm curious to see if the high 1.16's perform like others 1.17's. I even got one pack of 1.17's to boot. Now that I think about it 4 packs of batteries was a bit much for a test but oh well, they should be good As far as pricing, they are pretty much even with everyone else or better. Pro match and SMC seem to be the two big dogs for true competition packs now adays but Fukuyama is right there with numbers and pricing. I know I liked talking to them and ordering with them direct and you can't do that with another large company. Now on to the battery question, do you guys at Fukuyama recommend equalizeing the cells? And if so what tray? I probably won't deadshort but their is no guarantee since I will probably run stock and maybe very little mod.
Thanks
Rob
I'll also recommend using an equalizer - just ensure it has auto cut off. It doesnt matter much if it's a slow one, if you also have a fast discharger for use in combination. This one should also have auto-cutoff.

For equalizer, I'll strongly recommend getting one with a control light for each cell. This way you can ensure that all cells have proper contact. If one cell dont..... There's a great risk of damaging that particular cell.

I use this one (1 amp, 0,8 volt cut off)