R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - can xxxnt rear arms fir the xxxt?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 11:23 PM
notch
Tech Addict

Fit? Yes. Functional... to be determined. I will never forget when I asked Adam Drake if slider drive shafts could be used on a XXX-nt- he said NO. That was a driving force. He was correct in the practicle sence. Although I did win a certain A main in Compton against the likes of Mike Weed and Jim Pierce. They worked for me but I had to make it work. This is "Notchified"

I would think that the first issue is that on an XXX-nt the shocks mount in the back conversly the XXX-t the shock ends mount in the front. So first things first the arms would have to be dislexic (no biggie). The hubs will work and the dog bones will work. I believe all the toe in is dictated by hubs and inner hinge block so the arms should be zero. Ah yes. If one were to try the nitro arms on the electric I would say first compensate for the dog bones (straight) Now shim on both side of the hinge pin until the block is full. I would suggest using those black plastic washers that are used as internal limiters. I will tell you no it can't be done. The rest my friend is up to you.

go for it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gt0008.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	34206