R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lapped Traffic?
Thread: Lapped Traffic?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:20 AM
Jason_R
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BOG
Well I just started Lapping guys and its funny at my track there is sometimes a heated maker's debate. I run associated e buggy and e truggy. The associated guys let be by but the slosi guys make me work hard for it and once im passed they punt me as im slowin for a corner and they go in tooo hot and use me to slow them selves down. Now it usually me and one of the losi guys upfront and off the track we are buddies, once the race starts all bets are off.

Now my buddy the losi driver has all the upgrades, new tires every other week and a tekin sensored motor. i run turggy kit and buggy old FT both with MMM and new tires every other month so i gotta outdrive him, and the other losi driver!!
Interesting dynamic there

Personally, I could care less what someone races.. I race with a few guys locally that could beat the majority of the field with an original rc10t I think.

Here's my take.. if I'm being lapped and the opprotunity presents itself for me to predictably (key word there) move over a lane without giving up much time I'll do so, and typically only in places that it makes sense not just anywhere. If it happens to be somewhere that I can't, or I'm racing for a position at the same time I'll hold my line and let the faster guys make their way by.

When I'm lapping someone, I appreciate a couple things - people running their line, and not running me off into the next corner. I'd rather know you're going to take the normal race line into a corner than go to pass you and you dump me off trying to get out of the way.

About the only time I get annoyed is when lappers race you HARD through corners, etc.. honestly, you're getting lapped for a reason in most cases and beating me into the next corner doesn't prove anything. Sit back and try to learn something from the line the faster guys run, how they approach corners, etc.

I'd rather lose a race and know I did so running clean than have to put a fender to people.