R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Approved Chargers
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Tekin Prez
Team Tekin

I would enjoy seeing an argument showing how a one strike rule makes it a better race or accomplishes anything positive.

I am not saying give anyone special treatment, especially the prima donna sponsored drivers Let’s give EVERYONE special treatment and do everything we can to make sure they enjoy the race and actually get to participate. There is a big difference between intentional cheating and oops, sorry my cheap charger is not NASA calibrated. Most just hit the start button and unplug it when it is done. Few chargers are adjustable or can be calibrated. Stupid and lazy should not be a capital offense.

People take time off work and spend a grand or more to go to some of these races and get DQ’d for something trivial and unintentional with no chance to correct it? That’s not good business and these races are a business or they do not exist. It is silly to upset the customers over insignificant issues that can be corrected on the spot in less time then they will spend argueing about it.

I firmly believe fun is the key, not disappointment and rage over meaningless technical details. We can enforce the rules within the spirit and intent to keep people from overcharging their batteries to gain an advantage, Or we can make it super rigid and be fun suckers. Common sense does belong in this decision and everyone hates a Fun Sucker.

Tekin Prez