R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MurfDogg Synergy Brushless Motors
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
The MurfDogg
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MatsNorway - Instead of comparing my motors to ANY other brand, I prefer to spend my time making myself available to my customers, for any gearing, timing, ESC advice, etc.

Trinity/Epic is a major business, and Ernie has been very important in the RC Industry for many years. The Trinity brand name deserves the respect of all racers and rc enthusiasts. They have built and sold the most successful Brushless motors to date. The DUO motors have won more races than any other, and during my development stages, they were the benchmark I was up against. I will never say my brand is better than another. My brand is different, and hopefully appeals to racers who in time may become my loyal customers.

Not trying to take away from LRP, or Novak or any other brand for that matter, as they all make great motors. But I sell racing motors, and I build my products to race against Trinity/Epic motors because they have proven to be the fastest in the world.

LRP and others have great quality products, but as a racer, I want a FAST motor, in fact the fastest. That is what I strive for.

If 2-3 grams of motor weight is going to make you decide whether to buy a motor or not, you must really race a weight conscious class. Every car I have raced in the last 2 years had some sort of lead attached to the car, so I just do not see the difference.

99% of racers look at manufacturer claims of output power, and do not know how the numbers were calculated, how accurate they are, or how it all matters in their applications. Claiming a 5.5 @ 500 watts means what to you? What are the variables used to determine the number of watts that you would like to see? How does a Peak Watt number help you calculate anything?

There is simply too many empty power output claims circulating, and I do not believe it really matters to most racers.

Matt