R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support
Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey guys,

I have received a few phone calls by some customers with concerns placed in there heads by team drivers from a certain company. The concern that they have is that the roll center will change when you change your ride height on our new front suspension.These certain people say it makes our suspension no good. Just to clear this up for the ones feeding this mindless dribble to my customers, the strut front end changes your roll center as it compresses. To me, that is unexceptable. Our front suspension is the most adjustable on the market. You can adjust the roll center. It is as easy as shimming the lower pivot balls,outer pivot balls,or the hinge pin plate. You fine tune your ride height with your given tire size with the tweak screws in the flex plates.
The double wishbone suspension is far superior to strut in every form of racing. It is used and adjusted the same on our car as it is on a TC, Nitro TC, and also keep in mind, it is used in real race cars as well. Strut front ends are used in the auto industry as it is inexpensive and is a space saver for front wheel drive cars. You will not find it on any sport or race cars.

It really is tough being pretty much the only company trying to move on to bigger and better things instead of living in the past. I understand innovation being hard to accept at first but companies should try not to step on it to promote there own 20 year old form of innovation.
Thanks Jason....that needed to be put out there.