R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 04:59 PM
spongerX
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Did some more testing with the sweep 40's yesterday. Track temps ranged from 108-115 during my test. The sweeps have SJR inserts in them allowing a better airgap. They felt great and didn't over heat. This was while running a 17.5 on one of the smaller tracks in the Norcal area (Ripon) I also played around with different saucing methods to see what the tire's liked. First run I just used Buggygrip2 to just clean the tire. The car was fast and took a couple of laps to bring the tire's up to temp. The car was controllable but I couldn't really push it coming out of the corners the way I wanted to. The rear end was a little floaty. 2nd run I cleaned off the tire's with Buggygrip2 again, then applied tire tweak and let it sit for 20min and wiped off. The car was more hooked up from the start than the first run. It still took a good hot lap for the tire's to come in but now I could get on the power sooner out of the corners. The rear end no longer felt floaty. My go to sauce has always been tweak but certain tires like other sauces. I ran this combo a few times until the track temps started droping. Due to this being a night race I couldn't continue with the 40 testing. The wear however has been excellent. I ran these tire's a handful of time's before at Speedworld. If I had to guess I'd say there are about 10 runs on my set and they look good. Next weekend I'm back at Speedworld for a day race so the 40's and 36's will be tested with the same inserts.
Try the Sweep X3 sauce. Works really well and a lot easier to work with than buggy grip 2. When I use that with EXP 40, EXP 36 and EXP 30 tires as the afternoon progresses I can nail it coming out of corners and my car is planted.