R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8 Truggy - Diffential broken
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Jim82
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Losi 8 Truggy - Diffential broken

Hi all,

First, thanks for a great forum. As a beginner in the Nitro RC car world, I find this site very inspiring.

I run a Losi 8ight Truggy with an RB B9 engine in. This saturday I finally had about 2 gallons through it, so started tuning it in properly. I found a really good tune and had a lot of fun! After about 2-3 hours, the car was only putting power to the rear tires

I came home and saw that the bearings on the front differential was completely torn apart(5-6 pieces). This was the bearing that was broken, on both sides of the diff housing actually -> LOSA6948.

My questions are:
  • Is it normal for a bearing like this to wear out and break so fast? As said I have nearly 2 gallons run time on the car.
  • I am not aware of the maintenance requirements of the diffs and bearings. Was this caused be me not doing any maintenance to them?

As a final note, I run an RB 3001 exhaust(torque exhaust) and a 198mm manifold, so the torque output was HUGE after I tuned it in properly. I have considered putting on a 192mm manifold for just a bit more linear power.

Thanks for any replies

/Jim