R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lapped Traffic?
Thread: Lapped Traffic?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Neu_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by janus_77
It's just on what event you are on.

On a club level race you have to account for the fact that not every driver is exactly sure on their position in the race. Most don't even know there getting lapped so they will try and race you. So either you tell them your lapping them ( NICELY !!!! ), but usually its saver to just try and overtake them so they wont make irratic moves. Also a good race director will give a heads-up if there getting lapped.

On bigger events, if your good enough to have to worry about lapping people at smaller events you're going (or should be anyway) to be placed in heats and finals with other experienced racers who all know what there doing

If I get lapped myself (yes it happens ) I tell the person who is lapping me that I'm getting out of the way in what corner, that way you both know what is going to happen. Mostly you can hang on for a few laps and try to get back to fight for 5th or something. But sometimes you get overtaken by 2 or 3 guys battling for the lead, and chances are they will crash and that you will have to let them past again. You won't have to like it, but you will have to do it.

Our RD is pretty darn good and letting people know so that definitely helps but with people changing body colors every day and me personally I don't have a "color scheme" so mine always look different it does make it really hard to tell who you're racing and who you're getting in the way of. It's really nice when he yells out who is battling for what positions instead of just "leader coming up on Joe again!" It helps the newer racers such as myself and includes more than just the leader in announcing.

It's amazing what 25 miles up or down the Interstate can do because I am usually 1 or 2 in stock classes at one track and sometimes don't even make the A main at another!